Welcome to this week’s edition of the Social Media Marketing Talk Show, a news show for marketers who want to stay on the leading edge of social media.
On this week’s Social Media Marketing Talk Show, we explore LinkedIn’s relaunch of Events, new LinkedIn page features, and Facebook Stories ad updates with special guests, Amanda Robinson and Michaela Alexis.
Tune In to the Social Media Marketing Talk Show
Watch the replay of this week’s show below.
About Our Special Guests
- Amanda Robinson is a Digital Nomad and an expert on Facebook ads, chatbots, and analytics. Learn more from Amanda on her site, The Digital Gal.
- Michaela Alexis is a LinkedIn expert and LinkedIn creator who helps businesses master their LinkedIn presence. She’s the co-author of Think Video: Smart Video Marketing and Influencing.
Use the timestamps below to fast-forward to our top stories in the replay above.
- 3:42 Facebook Introduces New Custom Templates for Stories Ads
- 13:25 Facebook Advertisers Can Now Start Messenger Conversations With Stories Ads
- 23:05 LinkedIn Officially Launches LinkedIn Events
- 32:34 LinkedIn Introduces New LinkedIn Page Features
- 41:36 LinkedIn Tests Mass Actions on Messages
- 44:10 LinkedIn Updates Group Categories
Facebook Introduces New Custom Templates for Stories Ads: Facebook is introducing new customizable templates that make it easier to create custom Stories ads across Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram.
Reach people in an immersive full-screen environment with creative tailored to the space, and your brand. http://bit.ly/2MlW4cd
Facebook Advertisers Can Now Start Messenger Conversations With Stories Ads: Brands can now drive Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger Stories ad traffic to start conversations in Messenger. This feature is now available to businesses with Messenger templates set up in their Facebook Ads accounts.
— Marketing Land (@Marketingland) October 1, 2019
LinkedIn Officially Launches LinkedIn Events: LinkedIn makes planning an in-person professional gathering easier with LinkedIn Events. With LinkedIn Events, users can seamlessly create, manage, and join professional events, invite connections, have conversations with other attendees, and stay in touch online after the event ends.
— TechCrunch (@TechCrunch) October 15, 2019
LinkedIn Events is rolling out first in English-speaking countries starting October 17, with the intention of expanding it further to non-English–speaking markets soon after that.
LinkedIn Introduces New LinkedIn Page Features: LinkedIn introduced new LinkedIn page features “that help businesses better tap into [their] organization’s most important asset… employees.” These include Employee Notifications, Kudos and Team Moments, a personalized Completion Meter, and Content Suggestions.
LinkedIn Tests Mass Actions on Messages: It appears that LinkedIn is testing the ability to manage multiple LinkedIn inbox message threads in batches. This new feature was spotted by reverse-engineering expert Jane Manchun Wong.
LinkedIn is testing “Manage conversations” that allows managing multiple message threads in batch pic.twitter.com/qNZtU19Clq
— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) October 11, 2019
LinkedIn Updates Group Categories: LinkedIn group admins were sent a notice detailing an upcoming change to how the platform labels its groups. LinkedIn is changing group types to Listed and Unlisted, as opposed to the current Standard and Unlisted. This update was shared by Matt Navarra.
.@LinkedIn is changing the privacy settings for Groups
– Listed: Group can be found in search and visible on members’ profiles
– Unlisted: Not found in search and not visible on members’ profiles
— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) October 9, 2019